This guide will help you to change POV to 3rd person camera in Starfield. You can use the controller or keyboard and mouse to accomplish the task.
Using a Controller
In this section, we will take you through the steps to change POV to the 3rd person camera using a controller.
- While playing the game on your Xbox controller, press the Menu button.
This button is often represented by three horizontal lines and is usually located in the center of the controller.
After pressing the Menu button, the game’s menu screen should appear. This is where you can make adjustments to various settings.
- Using the joystick or thumbstick on your controller, move the cursor to the Camera or Point of View (POV) settings.
Within the camera or POV settings, you will find options to switch between different camera perspectives. In your example, there may be options for a closer third-person view and a more distant third-person view.
- Highlight and select your preferred POV from the available options.
The game should apply your selection, changing the camera perspective accordingly.
- Once you’ve chosen your desired camera perspective, exit the settings menu to return to the game with the newly selected POV.
Using a Keyboard and Mouse
This section describes how to change POV to 3rd person camera using a keyboard and mouse.
- While playing the game with a keyboard and mouse, access the camera or POV options by pressing a specific key, or by navigating through the in-game menu.
- Depending on the game’s controls, you can change the camera perspective by using one of the following methods:
- Some games have a dedicated key e.g., C for camera that you can press to cycle through different camera perspectives.
- Alternatively, you can often change the camera perspective by scrolling the mouse wheel up or down. Scrolling up may zoom in, while scrolling down may zoom out or switch to a different POV.
- If you want to see which key or mouse button is assigned to changing the POV, you can check the keybindings or controls menu within the game.
This menu should display the specific action and its corresponding input.
- After adjusting the camera perspective to your liking, exit the settings menu to continue playing the game with the newly selected POV.