ARK: SURVIVAL is still getting errors in its latest update, if you’re getting an error then don’t worry as we’re here to help you fix that error. Players have reported different errors like:
- ARK: SURVIVAL EVOLVED Loading, Crash & General Issues.
- Joining failed - could not retrieve address On Xbox One.
- Lost Connection Timeout.
- Assertion Failed / LowLevelFatalError.
- ARK Server Timing Out.
There are multiple solutions for the above mentioned errors. Go through the guide and follow step-by-step instructions to counter the errors.
How to fix ARK: SURVIVAL EVOLVED Loading, Crash & General Issues ?
- Open the stream app and navigate to properties by right clicking on the game.
- Now in the newly opened window, click on Local files on the upper side corner and then navigate to the “ Verify the integrity of the game files” and if there’s any that need to be validated, it will start validating automatically.
How to fix “Joining failed - could not retrieve address” On Xbox One ?
- Launch the Survival Evolved game.
- Go to the Local/Host.
Then select “PLAY SINGLE PLAYER”.
- Let it fully loaded, as the same windows pop up and click back to the main menu. Actually, it’s a bug in the game that you can’t load until it crashes.
- In the Main menu, click on join ARK and join your server. Boom, it’s done.
How to fix “Lost Connection Timeout” error in ARK: SURVIVAL ?
There are six methods to counter this error, if the first one doesn’t work well you can try the next one and so on. Following are the methods to fix the “Lost Connection Timeout” error:
- Update Graphic Driver.
- Launch the game with no sky effect/low graphics.
- Verify the files.
- Network Adapter settings.
- Unsubscribe workshops and Delete Mods.
- Buy the wavelink wifi antenna.
Fix # 01 – Update Graphic Driver:
- Go to your graphic driver official website and search for models that you have installed in your computer
- If you don’t have your driver model or the manufacturer, type device manager in the windows search bar, hit enter, navigate to display driver, the click on update driver and select option search it automatically.
Fix # 02 – Launch the game with no sky effect/low graphics:
- If your game crashes a lot, it is recommended to not launch the game through the desktop. So, when you encounter these issues, launch ARK with no sky effects as it will minimize the crashing issues. If it still crashes, launch it with Directx 10: low end graphics, it will not minimize the graphics quality as it will decrease the stress on the GPU.
Fix # 03 – Verify the files:
- Open the stream app.
- Right click on the game and then navigate to the properties.
- Now click on Local File and then click verify the integrity of the game files.
- It will take sometime to validate the files if they are to.
Fix # 04 – Network Adapter settings:
- Type “view network connection” in the windows search bar and hit enter.
- First disable all other network connections/adapters other than the adapter/connection with that your internet is connected with,
- To reset the currently in use network adapter, disable and re enable the adapter to resolve the network time out issue.
Fix # 05 – Unsubscribe workshops and Delete Mods:
- Open the stream app and navigate to the community tab in the title bar.
- Now click on the game.
- Click on workshop in the sub title bar and then tap on subscribed items under the workshop files.
- Click on unsubscribe from all.
- Now navigate to the mods folder by following the below directory and delete all files in the mods folder.
- After unsubscribing workshops and deleting mods, verify the integrity of the files by going into the game properties and then local files.
Fix # 06 – Buy the wavelink wifi antenna:
- For a better and stable wifi connection, buy the wifi antenna from the link below that will surely minimize the network disconnection issues.
How to fix Assertion Failed / LowLevelFatalError in ARK: SURVIVAL ?
To resolve this issue, you need to delete the files that are causing error and get them back by verifying the files, as in this example “underwater_south2” file is causing error.
- First open the stream app, right click on the game and navigate to properties.
- Navigate to the Local Files and Click Browse the local files.
- Navigate to the desired file as in this case as “ARK\ShooterGames\ SeekFreeContent\Maps\TheIslandSubMaps”
- Now look for the file and delete that
- After deleting the files, verify the integrity of the file and it’s done. Boom !
How to fix “ARK Server Timing Out” in ARK: SURVIVAL ?
There are multiple methods to counter this error, if the first one doesn’t work well you can try the next one and so on. Following are the methods to fix the “ARK Server Timing Out” error:
- Verify the files.
- Delete Mods and Verify the files.
- Add your Favourite Server.
Fix # 01 – Verify the files:
As this method (Verify the files) is discussed above, click here to have a look.
Fix # 02 – Delete Mods and Verify the files:
- Navigate to the Mods by following the below directory and delete all files in the mods folder.
- After deleting mods, verify the integrity of the files by going into the game properties and then local files.
Fix # 03 – Add your Favourite Server:
- Look for your favourite server in the community tab and note down its ips.
- Now click on View on the top title bar and navigate to the servers.
- Under the favourite tab, click on add a server, type the ip address of the server and then click Add this address to your favourites.