This guide will let you know how to install the John Wick mod in the Max Payne 3.
Step 1: Prerequisites
Firstly, you’ll need to make sure you have a couple of key components ready:
- OpenIV Archive Manager: Start by downloading and installing the OpenIV archive manager. This tool is essential for modifying game files.
- ScriptHook V Library: You’ll also need to get the ScriptHook V library, which will enable you to add scripts and mods to Max Payne 3.
Step 2: Downloading the Mod
- Head over to the Nexus Mods website and search for ‘Max Payne 3’. Use the ‘Games’ filter to refine your search.
- Browse through the available mods and select the ‘Max Wicked Payne’ mod from the collection.
- On the mod’s page, go to the ‘Files’ tab and click the ‘Manual Download’ button under the Main Files section. For the full experience, you can also consider installing any optional files available here.
Step 3: Installing the Main File
With the mod downloaded, it’s time to integrate it into your Max Payne 3 game:
- Extract the mod files from the downloaded zip archive.
- Navigate to your Max Payne 3 game directory. Usually, this is found in your C Drive under Games > Max Payne 3 > pc > models > cdimages
- As a precaution, back up the original ‘playerped.rpf’ file in this directory because it’s going to be replaced.
- Take the ‘playerped.rpf’ file from the downloaded mod files and paste it into the same directory where you backed up the original.
Step 4: Launch OpenIV
- Open OpenIV and select the Max Payne 3 game from its list.
- Once the Archive manager is open, enable the ‘Edit Mode’.
- Navigate to the following directory inside OpenIV:
- Max Payne 3 > pc > models > cdimages > speds1.rpf
Step 5: Integrating the Mod Files
Now, let’s finalize the installation:
- In OpenIV, simply drag and drop the rest of the mod files from the extracted folder into the directory mentioned in the previous step.
By following these steps, you can easily install the John Wick Mod in Max Payne 3.