This guide will let you know how to install mods in OBLIVION.
1. First, you will need to launch the steam application and click on the Library tab. Then choose Oblivion game from the games list on the left side panel.
2. Now click on the cog icon, then enter into manage and further click on the “Browse Local Files”.
3. It will take you to the game’s directory.
4. Now go to this link “https://obse.silverlock.org/” and click on the “Download” link. It will Download the “OBSE”, which is a necessary tool to use if you want mods to work.
5. Now extract the download file or just open it using WinRAR or 7zip. Copy all the files from the downloaded file and paste them into the Oblivions directory.
6. Now you need to download mods from “https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion“. In this case, the “Alternative Start” Mod is downloaded from “https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/11495“.
7. Go to click on the Manual Download button to get the details page and then click on the Slow Download button on the next window.
8. Now extract the download file or just open it using WinRAR or 7zip. Copy the “ESP” file from the downloaded file and paste it into the data folder in the Oblivions directory.
9. Now it’s time to launch the Oblivion game from the “exe” file of the game. Click on the Data Files game’s menu appears.
10. After that, enable the “alternative start mod”. Once you click on it, there’s will be an X indicating that the mod is now active.
11. After that click “Ok” and start the game.
12. When the game starts, click on the New Tab to start a new game.
13. Now you need to create your character and give it a name, set race, age, and complexion of your character. After that, click on the Done button to save changes.
14. The Mod will work if you are not in the usual dungeon prison.