This guide will walk you through the process of installing real shaders in Pojav Launcher for Minecraft Java Edition on Android. You have to download Pojav Launcher, install File Manager, and then configure Pojav Launcher. After that, download and Install Shaders, download Optifine, and then you will be able to install the shader.
Download Pojav Launcher
In this section, we will take you through the steps to download Pojav Launcher. By following the steps below, you will be able to select the “osmea-dev-tests” branch on the web page and download the “app-debug.zip” file.
- You will need to open up your web browser and download Pojav Launcher.
- Once you reach the web page, click on the three lines at the top right corner of the page. Once you are signed in, go to the “Actions” tab, scroll down and tap on “Branch“.
- Look for the “osmea-dev-tests” branch and select it.
- After that, select the latest available action from the top. Scroll down to the bottom and select the “app-debug.zip” file.
It will start downloading the file.
Install File Manager
This section will take you through the steps to install File Manager.
- Next, you have to open the Google Play store on your mobile phone and search for “File Manager.”
- Hit the Install button to install the application.
- Once the installation completes, open up the file and allow permission to access files and photos.
- Go to the Downloads folder within the application and tap on the downloaded zip file.
- After that, select the “Open with Archive Viewer” option.
You will find the “app-debug.apk” file.
- Click on this file and allow unknown sources to install Pojav Launcher. After that, grant the necessary permissions.
Configure Pojav Launcher
This section will take you through the steps to configure Pojav Launcher. By following the steps below, you will be able to log in to the Pojav Launcher and make all the necessary adjustments in settings.
- Launch Pojav Launcher, input a desired username and checkmark both the checkboxes below the password field.
- After that, press the Log In button.
- Tap on “Settings” at the bottom right corner and click on “Renderer.”
- Choose “Zink (Vulkan)” and adjust the memory allocation slider to at least 2048 MBs.
- Tap on “JVM launch arguments,” delete the existing text, and copy-paste the following argument. After that, hit the OK button.
-Xms512m -Xmx800m -Dorg.lwjgl.opengl.libname=libOSMesa_8.so
- Select any Minecraft version to start up once, and then quit the game.
This verifies that the modified settings are working.
- Tap the “Play” button and then quit the game again.
Download and Install Shaders
This section describes how to download and install Shaders.
- The next thing you will need to do is find the shader you want to install and download it.
If you are using Adreno GPU, then you can download the Nostalgia Shader.
- Remember the Minecraft version it requires before downloading and then hit the Download button.
In this section, we will take you through the steps to download Optifine. You will also learn how to install it.
- Open the web browser on your mobile phone to download Optifine.
- Once you reach the web page, navigate to the “Downloads” tab and find the Optifine version that matches your shader’s Minecraft version.
- You need to download it from a safe mirror.
Install the Shader
This section will take you through the steps to install the shader for your Minecraft game.
- Now go back to Pojav Launcher, and click on tap on “Options” at the bottom.
- Select the “Launch a mod installer” option from the pop-up menu. Locate the Optifine file you downloaded earlier and tap on it.
- When you see a white box, tap the red cross at the top right corner and click on the “Install” button. Ensure the installation is successful.
- If you encounter an error message, then start the Minecraft version required by Optifine once.
- After that, quit the game and tap on “FORCE CLOSE.”
- Click on the version list and choose the Optifine version you installed.
- Tap “Play” to confirm that Optifine is working.
It will take you straight into the game and you will find that the game is modded now.
- Quit the game and go back to the file manager you downloaded earlier. Go to the “Downloads,” folder, hold down the shader file and tap “Move” at the bottom.
- Go to the “main storage” and open up the “games” folder. Navigate to “PojavLauncher” and click on the three dots at the top right corner.
- Click on View and enable the option called “show hidden files.”
- After that, open up the “.minecraft” folder and navigate to “shaderpacks.”
- Tap on “Paste” at the bottom right to move the shader into this folder.
- Return to Pojav Launcher, select your Optifine version and press the “Play” button.
- In the game, go to “Options,” then “Video Settings,” and finally “Shaders.”
- Click on your shader name to activate it, then tap Done three times to apply the changes.
- Finally, create a world to experience your newly installed shader’s effects.
By following these steps, you can successfully install and activate real shaders in Pojav Launcher for Minecraft Java Edition on your Android device.
Enjoy your enhanced Minecraft gameplay experience now!