In this guide, you will find out how to install mods in the Elden Ring game.
1. First, you will need to go to this website “https://www.nexusmods.com/eldenring” and make an account for free to download the latest mods for Elder Ring.
2. You can get a lot of mods under the More Mods section sorted by “New Today”, “Popular(30 days)”, “More Trending” and others. You can always choose the one you are interested in.
3. In this guide, you are looking for the mod named “Elden ReShade – HDR FX” which you can download from “https://www.nexusmods.com/eldenring/mods/9“. You can use this mod to change the lighting in the game.
4. On the Mod page, scroll down to see the description, files, images, and other options as well. Then click on the Files tab to see a Manual Download button (the first one on the list).
5. You need to click on the Slow Download Button in the next window because it is free. Otherwise, you can choose the fast one but you need to pay for it.
6. Most probably the downloaded file from the nexus mods will be the RAR file or zipped folder. So you need to extract the downloaded zip file to a folder.
7. Now go into the extracted folder to see what files and folders are inside it.
8. Open the Main folder, copy all the files and paste them into the installation area of your game.
9. After that, open the Elden Ring game directory. In case you don’t know where your game is located, you just open up your Steam, move to the Library tab and click on the Collection.
10. Then go to the games on the left side of the screen and find your required game, Right-click on it and choose ‘Manage’ and then ‘Browse local files.
11. It will take you to the game directory.
12. After that, go into the Game folder inside the game directory and paste all the files which you have copied from the main folder.
13. Now open the game to see if the mod has been activated already. If you want to deactivate it, then you can press the END Key and use the Page down key to toggle Depth of Field.